Place:


Glinton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glinton like this:

GLINTON, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; 1 mile WSW of Peakirk r. station, and 3 SSE of Market-Deeping. Post town, Market-Deeping. Acres, 1, 380. Real property, £3, 575. Pop., 421. Houses, 88. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Peakirk, in the diocese of Peterborough. ...


The church is decorated English; has a later English tower, and lofty octagonal spire; contains a piscina and two curious ancient chests; and was recently restored. There are chapels for Independents and Primitive Methodists, an endowed national school, and charities £104.

Glinton through time

Glinton is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glinton, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7946

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glinton ".