Place:


Etton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Etton like this:

ETTON, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; near the Helpstone station of the Peterborough and Stamford railway, 6¼ miles NNW of Peterborough. It contains the hamlet of Woodcroft; and its post town is Helpstone, under Market-Deeping. Acres, 1, 270. Real property, £2, 065. Pop., 160. Houses, 30. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £398. Patron, Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is ancient, and was recently repaired.

Etton through time

Etton is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Etton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Etton, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7913

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Etton ".