Place:


Brereton  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brereton like this:

BRERETON, a chapelry in Rugeley parish, Stafford; adjacent to the Trent Valley railway, 1 mile SE of Rugeley. It was constituted in 1843; and it has a post office under Rugeley. Pop., 1,359. Houses, 281. Coal is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £164.* Patron, the Vicar of Rugeley. The church is in the early English style, and has a fine spire. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Brereton through time

Brereton is now part of Cannock Chase district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cannock Chase has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brereton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brereton, in Cannock Chase and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7910

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brereton ".