Place:


Great Doddington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Doddington like this:

DODDINGTON (Great), a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; on the river Nen and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1¾ mile SW of Wellingborough r. station, and 2½ S by W of Wellingborough. Post town, Wellingborough. Acres, 1, 310. Real property, £3, 021. Pop., 580. Houses, 114. . The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £165. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a tower and is good. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £5.

Great Doddington through time

Great Doddington is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Doddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Doddington, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7894

Date accessed: 26th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Doddington ".