Place:


Blymhill  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blymhill like this:

BLYMHILL, a parish in the district of Shiffnall, and county of Stafford; near Watling-street, 5 miles NW by W of Brewood, and 5 ½ SE of Newport r. station. It has a post office under Shiffnall. Acres, 2,925. Real property, £4,519. Pop., 591. Houses, 127. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet or the Albrighton hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £450. Patron, Earl Bradford. The church was repaired in 1859.

Blymhill through time

Blymhill is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blymhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blymhill in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7892

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blymhill ".