Place:


Westleton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westleton like this:

WESTLETON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Blything district, Suffolk The village stands 2 miles ESE of Darsham r. station, and 5½ NE of Saxmundham; and has a post-office under Saxmundham. Acres, 6,103. Real property, £6,215. Pop., 940. Houses, 212. The property is divided among a few. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £325. Patron, the Rev. E. Hollond. The church is later English. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £15.—The sub-district contains 15 parishes. Acres, 37,494. Pop., 10,074. Houses, 2,182.

Westleton through time

Westleton is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westleton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7865

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westleton ".