In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trimley like this:
TRIMLEY-ST. MARTIN and T.-ST. MARY, two parishes in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; 8¼ and 8¾ miles SE of Ipswich r. station. They have a post-office under Ipswich. Acres, 2,338 and 2,208; of which 200 and 340 are water. Real property, £4,292 and £4,099. Pop., 582 and 385. Houses, 123 and 87. The manors belong to the Duke of Hamilton. The livings are rectories in the diocese of Norwich. Value of St. Martin, £600;* of St. Mary, £470. Patron of the former, the Rev. T. Palmer; of the latter, the Lord Chancellor. The churches stand in one churchyard, and are both rubble buildings. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Trimley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Trimley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trimley in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Trimley".