Place:


Little Thurlow  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Thurlow like this:

THURLOW (Little), a parish, with a village, in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 4½ miles N of Haverhill r. station. It has a post-office under Newmarket. Acres, 1,470. Real property, £2,630. Pop., 369. Houses, 95. T. Hall is the seat of Mrs. Soame. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £402.* Patron, Mrs. Soame. The church is good. There are an endowed school with £30 a year, alms houses with £30, and other charities £9.

Little Thurlow through time

Little Thurlow is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Thurlow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Thurlow, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7823

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Thurlow ".