Place:


Wilford  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilford like this:

WILFORD, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Basford district, Notts. The village stands on the S bank of the river Trent, 1½ mile by ferry SSW of Nottingham r. station.—The parish comprises 1,450 acres. Post town, Nottingham. Real property, £4,853. Pop., 604. Houses, 121. ...


The manor belongs to Sir R. J. Clifton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £574.* Patron, Sir R. J. Clifton, Bart. The church is very old. There are an endowed school with £181 a year, and charities £57.—The sub-district contains 8 parishes. Acres, 14,620. Pop., 5,048. Houses, 1,131.

Wilford through time

Wilford is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilford, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7816

Date accessed: 18th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilford ".