Place:


South Wheatley  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Wheatley like this:

WHEATLEY (South), a parish in East Retford district, Notts; 1½ mile NW of-Sturton r. station. Post town, North Wheatley, under Retford. Acres, 641. Real property, £982. Pop., 32. Houses, 6. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £140.* Patron, the Chapter of Southwell. The church is old.

South Wheatley through time

South Wheatley is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Wheatley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Wheatley, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7812

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Wheatley ".