Place:


North Wheatley  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Wheatley like this:

WHEATLEY (North), a parish, with a village, in East Retford district, Notts; 2 miles NW of Sturton r. station, and 5 NE of East Retford. It has a post-office under Retford. Acres, 2,181. Real property, £3,140. Pop., 461. Houses, 101. The manor belongs to Lord Middleton. The living is a vicarage, united with Saundby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £260. Patron, Lord Middleton. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £12.

North Wheatley through time

North Wheatley is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Wheatley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Wheatley, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7811

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Wheatley ".