Place:


Theberton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Theberton like this:

THEBERTON, a parish, with a village, in Blything district, Suffolk; 2½ miles N by W of Leiston r. station, and 4 ENE of Saxmundham. It has a post-office under Saxmundham. Acres, 1,954. Real property, £3,019. Pop., 541. Houses, 78. T. House is the seat of the Right Hon. T. Milner-Gibson; and T. Hall, of H. M. Doughty, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £450.* Patron, the Crown. The church is partly Norman, and mainly later English. There is a national school.

Theberton through time

Theberton is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Theberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Theberton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7782

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Theberton ".