Place:


Strelley  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strelley like this:

STRELLEY, a parish in Basford district, Notts; 2 miles E of Ilkeston r. station. Post town, Nottingham. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,762. Pop., 253. Houses, 48. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to J. T. Edge, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £90.* Patron, J. T. Edge, Esq. The church was restored in 1855.

Strelley through time

Strelley is now part of Broxtowe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broxtowe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strelley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strelley, in Broxtowe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7771

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strelley ".