In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Screveton like this:
SCREVETON, a parish, with a village, in Bingham district, Notts; 2¾ miles N by W of Aslockton r. station, and 3½ N E of Bingham. Post-town, Bingham, under Nottingham. Acres, 1, 150. Real property, £2, 646. Pop., 241. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers and T. B. T. Hildyard, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £252. Patron, T. D. Hall, Esq. The church is good, and has a Norman tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. Dr. Thoroton, the antiquary, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Screveton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rushcliffe. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Screveton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Screveton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Screveton".