Place:


Saundby  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saundby like this:

SAUNDBY, a parish in the district of Gainsborough and county of Nottingham; on the river Trent, 1¾ mile N of Sturton r. station, and 2½ W S W of Gainsborough. Post-town, Retford. Acres, 1, 373. Real property, £2, 306. Pop., 86. Houses, 16. The property belongs to Lord Middleton. A ship-yard, wharves, and an oilmill are at Trent-Port, opposite Gainsborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £321.* Patron, Lord Middleton. The church is old but good.

Saundby through time

Saundby is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saundby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saundby, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7746

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saundby ".