Place:


Rolleston  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rolleston like this:

ROLLESTON, a township and a parish in Southwell district, Notts. The township lies on the river Greetnear its influx to the Trent, and on the Nottingham and Lincoln railway at the junction of the branch to South-well, 3¾ miles W by S of Newark; and has a station with telegraph at the railway junction. ...


Acres, 1, 662. Real property, £3, 837. Pop., 268. Houses, 63. The parish contains also the township of Fiskerton, and comprises 2, 705 acres. Post-town, Newark. Real property, £7,006. Pop., 587. Houses, 140. The property is notmuch divided. The manor belongs to J. H. M. Sutton, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £325.* Patron, the Chapter of Southwell. The church is early English. Charities, £6.

Rolleston through time

Rolleston is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rolleston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rolleston, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7743

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rolleston ".