Place:


Stratford St Andrew  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stratford St Andrew like this:

STRATFORD-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; 3 miles SW of Saxmundham r. station. Post town, Farnham, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 793. Real property, £1,373. Pop., 181. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Earl Guilford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is plain Norman.

Stratford St Andrew through time

Stratford St Andrew is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stratford St Andrew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stratford St Andrew in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7727

Date accessed: 27th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stratford St Andrew ".