Place:


Stradishall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stradishall like this:

STRADISHALL, a parish, with a village, in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 5 miles N by W of Clare r. station. Post town, Wickhambrook, under Newmarket. Acres, 1,376. Real property, £2,330. Pop., 425. Houses, 100. The manor, with S. Place, belongs to H. R. Homfray, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £368.* Patron, Sir R. Harland. The church is of the 15th century and good. Charities, £20.

Stradishall through time

Stradishall is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stradishall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stradishall, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7726

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stradishall ".