In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stansfield like this:
STANSFIELD, a parish, with S. village and Assington-Green hamlet, in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 5 miles N by E of Clare r. station. It has a post-office under Sudbury. Acres, 1,989. Real property, £2,998. Pop., 549. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £500.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £11.
Stansfield is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stansfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stansfield, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stansfield ".