Place:


Rickinghall Inferior  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rickinghall Inferior like this:

RICKINGHALL-INFERIOR, a parish, with a village, in Stow district, Suffolk; 1 mile S S W of Botesdale, and 4¼ W by N of Mellis r. station. Post-town, Botesdale, under Scole. Acres, 1, 510. Real property, £3, 434. Pop., 437. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to G. H. Wilson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £579.* Patron, G. H. Wilson, Esq. The church is early decorated English, and has a round tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £33.

Rickinghall Inferior through time

Rickinghall Inferior is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rickinghall Inferior itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rickinghall Inferior in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7627

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rickinghall Inferior ".