Place:


Rendham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rendham like this:

RENDHAM, a village and a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk. The village stands on an affluent of the river Alde, 3 miles N W by W of Saxmundham r.station; and has a post-office under Saxmundham. The parish comprises 1, 721 acres. Real property, £2, 904. Pop., 384. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belongs to J. Crabtree, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £96.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was restored in 1852; and has a fine carved oak roof, and a Norman tower. There are an endowed Independentchapel, a national school, and charities £9.

Rendham through time

Rendham is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rendham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rendham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7624

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rendham ".