Place:


Rede  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rede like this:

REDE, or Reed, a village and a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk. The village stands 7 miles S S W of Bury, St. Edmunds r. station, and has a post-office under Bury, St. Edmunds. The parish comprises 1, 224 acres. Real property, £1, 659. Pop., 245. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £288.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was restored in 1860. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £5.

Rede through time

Rede is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rede itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rede, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7616

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rede ".