Place:


Bradden  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradden like this:

BRADDEN, a parish in Towcester district, Northampton; on the river Tove, 3 miles W of Towcester r. station, and 7 SW by W of Blisworth. Post Town, Towcester. Acres, 1,000. Real property, £1,560. Pop., 140. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. Bradden House is the seat of the Rev.Ives. The parish is a resort of Sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £227.* Patron, the Rev.Ives. The church was Rebuilt in 1859. Bishop Van Mildert was for some time rector. Charities, £55.

Bradden through time

Bradden is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradden in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7611

Date accessed: 27th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradden ".