Place:


Pettistree  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pettistree like this:

PETISTREE, or Pettistree, a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; 1 mile S S W of Wickham-Market, and 2½ N of Melton r. station. Post-town, Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 767. Real property, £3, 469. Pop., 290. Houses, 66. The property is subdivided. The limitsinclude Bing manor. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Lowdham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1865. Charities, £5.

Pettistree through time

Pettistree is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pettistree itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pettistree in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7599

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pettistree ".