Place:


Parham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Parham like this:

PARHAM, a village and a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk. The village stands on the river Ore, adjacent to the Framlingham branch of the East Suffolk railway, 2¼ miles S S E of Framlingham; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Wickham-Market. The parish comprises 2, 212 acres. ...


Real property, £3, 741. Pop. in 1851, 532; in 1861, 470. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few. Old Parham Hall was the seat of the first Earl of Ufford; and passed to the Willoughbys and the Corrances. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hackeston, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £282.* Patron, F. Corrance, Esq. The church is tolerable; and there are a parochial school, and charities £9.

Parham through time

Parham is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Parham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Parham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7593

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Parham ".