Place:


Bainton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bainton like this:

BAINTON, or Badington, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; near the river Welland, 2 miles ESE of Uffington r. station, and 4½ E by S of Stamford. Post Town, Uffington under Stamford. Acres, 760. Real property, £1,730. Pop., 217. Houses, 42. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Ufford, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is early English. Charities, £51.

Bainton through time

Bainton is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bainton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bainton, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7548

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bainton ".