Place:


Ashley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashley like this:

ASHLEY, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the verge of the county, at the river Welland, in the vicinity of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, 5 miles ENE of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Market-Harborough under Rugby. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,620. Pop., 348. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £320.* Patron, the Rev. R. T. Pulteney. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £24.

Ashley through time

Ashley is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashley, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7533

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashley ".