Place:


Arthingworth  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arthingworth like this:

ARTHINGWORTH, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 1¾ mile NW of Kelmarsh r. station, and 5 S by E of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Kelmarsh under Northampton. Acres, 2,030. Real property, £3,056. Pop., 275. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Arthingworth Hall is the seat of the family of Rokeby. The parish is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Petersborough. Value, £323. Patron, the Rev. H. R. Rokeby. Charities, £39.

Arthingworth through time

Arthingworth is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Arthingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arthingworth, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7522

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Arthingworth ".