Place:


West Leake  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Leake like this:

LEAKE (WEST), a parish, with a village, in the district of Loughborough, and county of Nottingham; on an affluent of the river Soar, 2 miles SE of Kegworth r. station, and 5½ N by W of Loughborough. Post town, Loughborough. Acres, 1, 390. Real property, £1, 796. Pop., 171. Houses, 36. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of East Leake, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is ancient; and, in 1866, was in bad repair.

West Leake through time

West Leake is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Leake itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Leake, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7517

Date accessed: 26th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Leake ".