Place:


Kilvington  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilvington like this:

KILVINGTON, a parish in Newark district, Notts; on the river Devon, at the boundary with Lincoln, 2¼ miles N by W of Bottesford r. station, and 7 S of Newark. It includes the hamlet of Alverton; and its posttown is Elton, under Nottingham. Acres, 900. Real property, £639. Pop., 77. Houses, 15. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to H.Staunton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £245. Patron, John Lambert, Esq. The church is ancient, and was recently restored.

Kilvington through time

Kilvington is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kilvington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilvington, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7484

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kilvington ".