Place:


Lound  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lound like this:

LOUND, a parish, with a village, in Mutford district, Suffolk; near the coast, 2½ miles NNE of Somerleyton r. station, and 4½ NNW of Lowestoft. Post town, Lowes toft. Acres, 1,264. Real property, £3,067. Pop., 466. Houses, 95. The manor belongs to R. H. Reeve, Esq. The Hall is the residence of J. ...


R. Morse, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £495.* Patron, B. de M. Dowson, Esq. The church is chiefly early English; comprises nave, chancel, and porch, with a round tower; and contains sedilia, a piscina, a very richly carved oak altar, a later English screen, and a sculptured octagonal font. Charities, £30.

Lound through time

Lound is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lound itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lound, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7479

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lound ".