Place:


Woodhurst  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodhurst like this:

WOODHURST, a parish in St. Ives district, Hunts; 3½ miles N of St. Ives r. station. It has a post-office under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,130. Real property, £2,462. Pop., 554. Houses, 115. The manor belongs to Sir J. H. Pelly, Bart. The living is a p. curacy annexed to St. Ives. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Woodhurst through time

Woodhurst is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodhurst in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7461

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodhurst ".