Place:


Winwick  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winwick like this:

WINWICK, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Huntingdon and Northampton; 4½ miles SE by E of Barnwell r. station, and 6½ SE by S of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £1,813. Pop., 380. Houses, 82. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £90.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church was restored in 1865. Charities, £18.

Winwick through time

Winwick is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winwick, in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7456

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winwick ".