Place:


Hail Weston  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hail Weston like this:

HAIL-WESTON, a village and a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon. The village stands near the river Kym, and near the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles NW of St. Neots r. station; and has a post office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 1, 553 acres. Real property, £3, 154. Pop., 440. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. A. Reynolds, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Southoe, in the diocese of Ely. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Hail Weston through time

Hail Weston is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hail Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hail Weston in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7447

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hail Weston ".