Place:


Waresley  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waresley like this:

WARESLEY, a parish, with a village, in St. Neots districts, Hunts; 2 miles NNE of Gamlingay r. station, and 6 SE of St. Neots. It has a post-office under St. Neots. Acres, 1,979. Real property, £2,555. Pop, 292. Houses, 54. The manor, with W. Park, belongs to the Hon. O. Duncombe. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £303.* Patron, Pembroke College, Cambridge. The church was rebuilt in 1857.

Waresley through time

Waresley is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waresley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waresley in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7438

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waresley ".