Place:


Halloughton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halloughton like this:

HALLOUGHTON, a parish in Southwell district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 1½ mile SSW of Southwell r. station. Post town, Southwell. Acres, 977. Real property, £, 406. Pop., 67. Houses, 15. The property is not much divided. The manor belongs to Sir John Sutton. There is a curious old mansion. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £46. Patron, the Bishop of Manchester. The church is good.

Halloughton through time

Halloughton is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halloughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halloughton, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7434

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Halloughton ".