Place:


Upton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton like this:

UPTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 6 miles NNW of Huntingdon r. station. Post town, Huntingdon. Real property, £1,258. Pop., 152. Houses, 35. The manor belongs to J. M. Heathcote, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Coppingford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £180.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is partly early English.

Upton through time

Upton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7419

Date accessed: 27th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upton ".