Place:


Toseland  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Toseland like this:

TOSELAND, a parish and a hundred in Hunts. The parish lies 3¼ miles NE of St. Neots r. station, and is in St. Neots district. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £1,585. Pop., 217. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The manor-house is a handsome ancient edifice, now occupied by a farmer. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Paxton. The church has a Norman doorway. There is a Wesleyan chapel.- The hundred contains 23 parishes and a part. Acres, 47,358. Pop. in 1851, 14,837; in 1861, 14,922. Houses, 3,165.

Toseland through time

Toseland is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Toseland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Toseland in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7417

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Toseland ".