Place:


Flintham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flintham like this:

FLINTHAM, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; on the Fosse way and the river Trent, at Hazleford ferry, 3½ miles ESE of Thurgarton r. station, and 6½ SW of Newark. It has a post office under Newark. Acres, 2, 450. Real property, £4, 927. Pop., 524. Houses, 119. The manor belongs to T. ...


B. Thoroton Hildyard, Esq. Flintham Hall succeeded an ancient mansion of the Hoses, and was the seat of the Hackers, the Disneys, and the Thorotons. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £364.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1828, but retains the chancel and the tower of a previous church, which was cruciform. There is a Wesleyan chapel. An endowed school has £24; and other charities have £46.

Flintham through time

Flintham is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flintham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flintham, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7400

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flintham ".