Place:


Fiskerton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fiskerton like this:

FISKERTON, a township in Rolleston parish, Notts; on the river Trent, and on the Derby and Lincoln railway, 3 miles SE of Southwell. It has a station on the railway, a post office under Newark, a ferry to East Stoke, and a Wesleyan chapel; and it anciently had an Augustinian friary, founded in 1132 by Ralph D'Eyn-court, made subject to Thurgarton abbey, and suppressed in the time of Philip and Mary. Acres, 1, 043. Real property, £3, 169. Pop., 319. Houses, 77.

Fiskerton through time

Fiskerton is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fiskerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fiskerton, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7393

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fiskerton ".