Place:


Spaldwick  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spaldwick like this:

SPALDWICK, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district and county of Huntingdon. The village stands 7 miles W by N of Huntingdon r. station, and has a post-office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 1,690 acres. Real property, £2,530. Pop., 470. Houses, 107. The manor belongs to the Duke of Manchester. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £230.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is a fine edifice, with tower and lofty spire. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £8.-- The sub-district contains ten parishes. Acres, 20,140. Pop., 3,555. Houses, 752.

Spaldwick through time

Spaldwick is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spaldwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spaldwick in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7391

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spaldwick ".