Place:


Southoe  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Southoe like this:

SOUTHOE, a parish in St. Neots district, Hunts; 2¾ miles NNW of St. Neots r. station. Post town, Buckden, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £2,606. Pop., 281. Houses, 61. The manor belonged formerly to the Lovetotes, John of Gaunt, and the Pickerings; and belongs now to Lord Overstone. The living is a vicarage, united with Hail-Weston, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £288.* Patron, the Rev. J. R. Moorsom. The church is ancient, and has a Norman door. There is a national school.

Southoe through time

Southoe is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Southoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Southoe in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7389

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Southoe ".