Place:


Farndon  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farndon like this:

FARNDON, a parish in Newark district, Notts; on the river Trent and the Fosse way, near the Newark and Nottingham railway, 2 miles SW by W of Newark. It has a post office under Newark. Acres, 1, 710. Real property, £5, 915. Pop., 692. Houses, 152. The property is subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are stocking makers. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Lincoln; and, till 1864, was united with Balderton. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. Charities, £32.

Farndon through time

Farndon is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farndon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farndon, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7385

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farndon ".