Place:


Cotham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cotham like this:

COTHAM, a parish in Newark district, Notts; on the river Devon, near the meeting-point of Notts, Lincoln, and Leicester, 4¾ miles W by S of Claypole r. station, and 4¾ S of Newark. . Post town, Newark. Acres, 1, 210. Real property, £1, 819. Pop., 95. Houses, 22. The property is all in one estate. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £35. Patron, the Duke of Portland. The church is good.

Cotham through time

Cotham is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cotham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cotham, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7354

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cotham ".