Place:


Little Paxton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Paxton like this:

PAXTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in St. Neots district, Hunts; on the river Ouse, 1¾ mile N by W of St. Neots r. station. It has a post-office under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £2, 982. Pop., 247. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Lord Overstone. Paxton Park is the seat of Sir W. ...


Booth, Bart.; and Paxton Hall, of R. A. Reynolds, Esq. There are extensive paper mills. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Great Paxton, in the diocese of Ely. The church consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower; and contains memorials of the Reynoldses, and a monument to T. Throckmorton, Esq. There are a national school, and charities £36.

Little Paxton through time

Little Paxton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Paxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Paxton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7351

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Paxton ".