Place:


Offord Darcy  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Offord Darcy like this:

OFFORD-DARCY, a village and a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon. The village stands on the river Ouse and on the Great Northern railway, ½ a mile S of Offord r. station, and 4½ N N E of St. Neots. The parish comprises 1,827 acres; and its post town is Buckden, under Huntingdon. ...


Real property, £2, 374 Pop., 437. Houses, 89. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged formerly to the Nailours; and the manor-house is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400.* Patron, G. Thornhill, Esq. The church is of the 12th century; was restored in 1861, at a cost of £1, 100; and contains a piscina, a mutilated brass of 1377, two other brasses, and monuments of the Nailours. There is a Baptist chapel.

Offord Darcy through time

Offord Darcy is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Offord Darcy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Offord Darcy in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7342

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Offord Darcy ".