Place:


Offord Cluny  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Offord Cluny like this:

OFFORD-CLUNY, a village and a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon. The village stands on the river Ouse, and on the Great Northern railway, at Offord r.station, 1½ mile E by S of Buckden, and 5 N N E of St. Neots; was known to the Saxons as Ottanford; and has a bridge over the Ouse, leading to Buckden. ...


The parish comprises 960 acres; and its post town is Buckden, under Huntingdon. Real property, £3, 375. Pop., 326. Houses, 76. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £380.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is a neat building, and contains a piscina. There are a national school with £4 a year from endowment, and charities £15.

Offord Cluny through time

Offord Cluny is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Offord Cluny itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Offord Cluny in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7340

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Offord Cluny ".