Place:


Ilketshall St Andrew  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ilketshall St Andrew like this:

ILKETSHALL-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; 4 miles SE of Bungay r. station. It has a postal letter box under Bungay. Acres, 1, 694. Real property, £2, 730. Pop., 515. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £190. Patron, M. B. Metcalfe, Esq. The church has an octangular tower, and is in good condition. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Ilketshall St Andrew through time

Ilketshall St Andrew is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ilketshall St Andrew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ilketshall St Andrew, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7307

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ilketshall St Andrew ".