Place:


Broadholme  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broadholme like this:

BROADHOLME, a township in Thorney parish, Notts; on the verge of the county, adjacent to the Lincoln railway, 7 miles W of Lincoln. Acres, 550. Real property, £1,067. Pop., 115. Houses, 22. A small nunnery was founded here, in the reign of Stephen, by Agnes de Camville; and given, in the time of Elizabeth, to John Coniers and William Haber.

Broadholme through time

Broadholme is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broadholme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broadholme, in West Lindsey and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7280

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broadholme ".