Place:


Hargrave  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hargrave like this:

HARGRAVE, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 4 miles SSW of Saxham r. station, and 6 SW by W of Bury St. Edmunds. Post-town, Great Saxham, under Bury St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,1 08. Real property, £1,750. Pop., 520. Houses, 98. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged to Bury abbey; passed to the Kitsons and the Gages; and belongs now to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value. £188. * Patron, the Rev. John White. The church is ancient, and was repaired and enlarged in 1869. Charities, £22.

Hargrave through time

Hargrave is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hargrave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hargrave, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7246

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hargrave ".